It’s time to make English work for you as you grow your business.
- Do you work globally or in an English-speaking country and struggle with expressing yourself in English?
- Do you get frustrated or nervous trying to express who you are and what you do in a language that feels foreign?
- Does the idea of writing a clean, clear website (or write anything!) in English make you want to run away?
- Are you terrified of running a webinar or giving a presentation in English, thinking no one will understand you or you’ll say something embarrassingly wrong?
I’ve spent the past 16 years teaching English to people from all over the world. I’ve mentored international students to overcome their English barriers, worked with executives as they polished their presentations, supported professionals as they perfected their pronunciation, and guided artists as they learned the nuances of language and culture so that their message could shine.
I’m also a certified professional coach.
I have an uncanny ability to help new entrepreneurs get un-stuck as they create their businesses.
As an entrepreneur and business owner myself, I know what it’s like to build a business from the bottom up, starting with a crazy “what if…?” all the way through orchestrating three locations and a 10-teacher team.
I’ve worked in several different countries, learned a few languages, and trained 100s of English teachers.
Let’s just say my degrees in cultural anthropology and education have been put to good use over the years. And I’m here to support you, my fellow entrepreneur, as you express yourself and your business in English.
And I want to give you the support you need to confidently share it in English.
I invite you to join me for a Break the Language Barrier Session. Let this time together be your catalyst to organize and implement your next project…and get comfortable and clear about the English you’ll need to make it happen.
Webinars, speeches, presentations, elevator pitches
- Accent reduction (getting people to understand you better),
- Language form (like grammar, getting the words in the right order, and choosing the right words),
- Organization and editing of your slides/visuals
- Vocabulary: getting just the right words to best express yourself & reach your tribe
Website copy, proposals, professional sounding emails, sales pages & funnels
- Making sure your real message gets across
- Choosing just the right words to attract (and not offend!) your clients
Website translation from another language to English
- Make your English language match your branding
- Take your barely translated words and bring them to life in English
- Get clear on what you offer and the steps you’re taking to get there
- Organize you day, ideas, and words to best reach your ideal clients
Cultural coaching & cultural agility training
- Having a communication issue that might be caused by language or culture? I can help you troubleshoot and formulate a plan
- Preparing to move to a new culture? Have a plan in place to make the transition smoother and healthier.
Here’s how it works:
You’ll also have the option to schedule a 15-minute follow-up session within the next 2 weeks to check in, ask questions, or show me your progress.
Your Break the Language Barrier Session is available for the next few months for only $187. It includes:
- a pre-session questionnaire to help you clarify and share the issue we’re going to work on together
- 60 minutes of focused time to bring you to clarity
- a recording of your session
- A personalized learning plan + resources and exercises to move you toward success
- a 15-minute follow-up session within the next 2 weeks to check in, ask questions, and celebrate your accomplishments.
More than just a project?
Maybe you want support, accountability, and a grammar nerd on your team beyond a session or two. Don’t worry, we can do that, too. Contact me about coaching packages that include bi-weekly sessions and email support.
What my clients have to say…
Kim is a great listener. She’s also are very perceptive, and she sees things about me that I don’t even know about myself yet. She defines what I’m feeling and what I need to do in a way that I can take action on.
Kim is also really good at creating focus so I can make action steps. Instead of just talking about an idea we say, “Here’s what we’re going to do with it. Here’s something that we can work on.”
Working with Kim has given me so many tangible results. I feel like I’m getting clearer and clearer on what I want to do next. A result that I didn’t even anticipate is that I now have a 2 year plan and a 5 year plan…and a 10 and 20 year plan! And I know that those will change and evolve, but I’m really happy with the potential path that’s laid out right now. Kim is great at helping me be more me. And I love it.
I met Kim Carroll 9 years ago when I moved from Bogotá, Colombia to Greenville, South Carolina. As an international student completing my Masters in Fine Arts, Kim Carroll had an important role in my life as an English teacher while she helped me improve my language skills.
Currently, as an independent artist and business entrepreneur, my need to communicate efficiently is now my most important tool and yet, my everyday struggle. Fortunately, Kim Carroll’s services have been a key to accomplishing my success in the arts field especially, because Kim always pays extra attention to my needs and improves my initial ideas. She is really helpful suggesting multiple possibilities on how my projects can be approached.
In addition to her high quality work, Kim’s organizational skills, reliability and sensitivity are characteristics that complement her and make 100% enjoyable and worthy the experience of working with her. I have an immense respect for her as a capable and knowable professional, an immeasurable gratitude for her generous willingness to work with me at my convenient times, and a complete confidence of her seriousness, discretion, and nonjudgmental humanity.
From all these years of experience working with her on grants and scholarship applications, reports, business plans, website content, social media marketing, and preparation for large audience lectures, Kim has helped me focus toward my goals. As a full time artist, I have trusted Kim Carroll’s coaching expertise to advise me on strategies to expand my career and I am absolutely happy with the results.
I’m Kim Carroll, an English instructor, trainer, entrepreneur, and business coach and I’ve been working with internationals for almost 20 years. I speak Spanish and I’ve traveled to dozens of countries, so I know what it’s like to live, love, and work in a new language.
Learn more about me here.